CJC™ Oil Filtration insert for Cleaning of Gearboxes
The CJC™ Gear Filtration inserts GFi 15/25 and GFi 27/27 were developed specifically for filtration and cleaning of wear debris in gearboxes. The CJC™ GFi’s have a large capacity for sub-micron particles, often up to 50% of all solid contaminants in a gearbox (w/w) are below 2 microns in size. It is well documented that the GFi filter inserts can remove considerable amounts of particles in sizes below 1 micron, this with improved efficiency over the standard CJC™ Filter Inserts. The filtration of sub-micron particles will significantly decrease abrasive wear on laser treated surfaces.
The filter inserts were optimized for high performance for:
- sub-micron particle removal
- air-containing oils
- variable temperature conditions
- used oil (varnish/oxidation present)
This filter insert is applicable for viscosities in the range of ISO VG 320 to 480 cSt.
- Removal of particles, both hard and soft particles down to 1 µm or even lower
- Removal of degradation products, such as oxidation and resin/sludge
- Removal of large amounts of free water in case of water ingress and absorption of dissolved water under normal operation.